VerdeNet Project Scenario (all 5 weeks project) – description of the entire job :
A former dot com company, VerdeNEt, Inc., shut down in 2001 because of the Internet bubble burst. It is attempting to reinvent and launch itself once again. It is looking for a complete information technology (IT) solution that includes hardware, software, networking, and security, among other requirements. VerdeNet’s core product will be a social networking Web site and mobile application that rivals the big names that currently represent social media. It is attempting to find the best features and consolidate them into its product. The company is looking to establish its headquarters in the Silicon Valley region in California. The executives at VerdeNet are looking for your company to propose a solution that will endure future Internet trends.
The basic user requirements for the social networking solution must include but are not limited to the following:
- Creating an account and a profile
- Creating discussion forums and posting
- Search capability for people
- Gaming component
- Calendar component for reminders
- Instant messaging and Voice Over Internet protocol (VOIP)-type calling between friends
- Secure account and email feature
- Availability seven days a week
The basic company requirements for the social networking solution must include but are not limited to the following:
- Collect, store, back up, and mine user data to better understand users.
- Integrate collected data with Customer Relationship management (CRM) to improve business and customer support processes.
- Analyze user patterns, behavior, and generated traffic to present to advertisers.
Requested functionality for the social networking application includes the following:
- Account setup and log-in functionality
- Creating a profile
- Adding or removing friends
- Posting to a discussion area
New Requirements – week 2 – 1500 words – this is the actual assignment for this week:
Designing a network involves data, voice, and power considerations. Creating a well-integrated social relationship platform involves interoperability with other technologies, like customer relationship management (CRM). Assume you are designing a network infrastructure for VerdeNet, Inc. The company requires an efficient network that carries data, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), and Power over Ethernet (PoE). It also requires the effective use of a CRM system to pull customers’ social media data for review and analysis to improve user experience and generate profits.
VerdeNet Project Activity – Unit 2
The project manager must analyze the New Requirements. This section will specify what the company will need in the area of solution elements, such as networking, Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and Power (PoE). Specifically, this section will answer the following questions (at a minimum):
- Which type of network topology would you recommend for the corporate backbone and the wired and wireless connections? Why do you think this would be the best choice? (300 words)
- Which type of cabling would you recommend? Why do you think this would be the best choice? (300 words)
- How will the network infrastructure accommodate remote access? (300 words)
- What solution would you propose to integrate the social media site with a CRM solution? (300 words)
- What security considerations are involved? (300 words)
Collaborate and work with one network specialist. Be sure to capture and document the decisions made in the appropriate section of the capstone project document.