Question: Which hepatitis virus is known to be sexually transmitted?
2. Question: Which term is used to identify the movement of gas and air into and out of the lungs?
3. Question: Between which months of age does sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) most often occur?
4. Question: Erythrocyte life span of less than 120 days, ineffective bone marrow response to erythropoietin, and altered iron metabolism describe the pathophysiologic characteristics of which type of anemia?
5. Question: How is most carbon dioxide (CO2) in the blood transported?
6. Question: The glomerular filtration rate is directly related to which factor?
7. Question: Which blood cell type is elevated at birth but decreases to adult levels during the first year of life?
8. Question: Perceived stress elicits an emotional, anticipatory response that begins where?
9. Question: It has been determined that a tumor is in stage 2. What is the meaning of this finding?
10. Question: Apoptosis is a(an):
11. Question: Which T-lymphocyte phenotype is the key determinant of childhood asthma?
12. Question: Which cells have phagocytic properties similar to monocytes and contract like smooth muscles cells, thereby influencing the glomerular filtration rate?
13. Question: What is the chief predisposing factor for respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) of the newborn?
14. Question: During an IgE-mediated hypersensitivity reaction, which leukocyte is activated?
15. Question: Which statement is true concerning the IgM?
16. Question: What is the functional unit of the kidney called?
17. Question: Phagocytosis involves neutrophils actively attacking, engulfing, and destroying which microorganisms?
18. Question: What is the most important negative inotropic agent?
19. Question: Which term is used to describe a muscle cell showing a reduced ability to form new muscle while appearing highly disorganized?
20. Question: What is the role of caretaker genes?
21. Question: Which organism is a common sexually transmitted bacterial infection?
22. Question: The function of the foramen ovale in a fetus allows what to occur?
23. Question: How much urine accumulates in the bladder before the mechanoreceptors sense bladder fullness?
24. Question: The lung is innervated by the parasympathetic nervous system via which nerve?
25. Question: What is the trigone?
26. Question: What is the action of urodilatin?
27. Question: The generation of clonal diversity occurs primarily during which phase of life?
28. Question: Which substance has been shown to increase the risk of cancer when used in combination with tobacco smoking?
29. Question: Which type of immunity is produced by an individual after either natural exposure to the antigen or after immunization against the antigen?
30. Question: The only surface inside the nephron where cells are covered with microvilli to increase the reabsorptive surface area is called the:
31. Question: Causes of hyperkalemia include:
32. Question: When a patient has small, vesicular lesions that last between 10 and 20 days, which sexually transmitted infection is suspected?
33. Question: An individual is more susceptible to infections of mucous membranes when he or she has a seriously low level of which immunoglobulin antibody?
34. Question: Which of the following is classified as a megaloblastic anemia?
35. Question: Blood vessels of the kidneys are innervated by the:
36. Question: Which statement best describes a Schilling test?
37. Question: Which laboratory test is considered adequate for an accurate and reliable diagnosis of gonococcal urethritis in a symptomatic man?
38. Question: Continuous increases in left ventricular filing pressures result in which disorder?
39. Question: What substance stimulates renal hydroxylation in the process of producing vitamin D?
40. Question: What are the abnormalities in cytokines found in children with cystic fibrosis (CF)?
41. Question: What is the primary problem resulting from respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) of the newborn?
42. Question: What is the most common cause of insufficient erythropoiesis in children?
43. Question: Immunoglobulin E (IgE) is associated with which type of hypersensitivity reaction?
44. Question: Causes of hyperkalemia include:
45. Question: Where in the respiratory tract do the majority of foreign objects aspirated by children finally lodge?
46. Question: What effects do exercise and body position have on renal blood flow?
47. Question: Which complex (wave) represents the sum of all ventricular muscle cell depolarizations?
48. Question: What is the ratio of coronary capillaries to cardiac muscle cells?
49. Question: Low plasma albumin causes edema as a result of a reduction in which pressure?
50. Question: Which compensatory mechanism is spontaneously used by children diagnosed with tetralogy of Fallot to relieve hypoxic spells?
51. Question: How is most of the oxygen in the blood transported?
52. Question: Why is nasal congestion a serious threat to young infants?
53. Question: What is the major concern regarding the treatment of gonococci infections?
54. Question: Which drug may be prescribed orally for outbreak management of herpes simplex viral (HSV) infections?
55. Question: Decreased lung compliance means that the lungs are demonstrating which characteristic?
56. Question: The most common site of metastasis for a patient diagnosed with prostate cancer is which location?
57. Question: Which criterion is used to confirm a diagnosis of asthma in an 8-year-old child?
58. Question: Which organ is stimulated during the alarm phase of the general adaptation syndrome (GAS)?
59. Question: Which hormone is required for water to be reabsorbed in the distal tubule and collecting duct?
60. Question: What is the primary cause of respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) of the newborn?