Business Plan Presentation
For this project, you an option of interviewing a healthcare executive to learn more about how organizational restrictions and constraints, mission, vision, values, capabilities, strengths and weaknesses impact formulation of strategy and development of business plans. Idea is to expose graduating students to real-world industry application of core competencies and concepts, provide them with an opportunity to expand their professional network, and to enhance their experiential learning capabilities. Then, students are required to present a business case presentation as a case study that highlights the interview discussion, reflects on industry best practices, and share with classmates how evidence-based and experiential learning will result in supporting and building resilient organizations and communities. Students getting feedback from faculty on this assignment are encouraged to consider presenting and sharing their topic with CSU-G and or in various industry external professional meetings and within their own organizations. Students can use their case study for industry sponsored competition events and to secure scholarship funding.
You are to assess an existing service line or program (such as a diabetes management program, comprehensive oncology center, or any other relevant healthcare topics etc.) for a real healthcare organization (you may select a hospital, large medical group, nursing home, or an ambulatory care facility) in your community. For the purpose of this assignment, assume that you are the Director of Strategic Planning for this organization and the CEO has assigned you the responsibility for assessing where the program is in its life cycle, and whether the organization should expand the program, continue the current strategy and maintain the program as is, or close the program. The summary of your assessment will be presented to the Board of Directors.
Your presentation should be organized according to the following structure and must contain the following elements:
- A brief description of the current program.
- Alignment with the organization’s mission, vision and goals that support the project.
The presentation must meet the following requirements:
- 10-15 slides in length (excluding title and reference slides).
- Be submitted as a PowerPoint file; do not submit presentation as a PDF or MS Word file type.
- Each slide must provide detailed speakers notes – a minimum of 75 words. Notes must draw from and cite relevant reference materials.
- Presentations must adhere to academic integrity standards; limited use of direct quotes, proper paraphrasing, citing sources, etc.
- Format citations and reference list according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- Include at least 10 current references from the peer-reviewed articles. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find peer-reviewed articles.
- 2-3-page executive summary about the interview with healthcare executive. You are required to present a business case presentation as a case study that highlights the interview discussion, reflects on industry best practices, and share with classmates and faculty how evidence-based and experiential learning will result in supporting and building resilient organizations and communities.