Evaluation of National Quality Standards / Programs / Awards
- Brief overview of the two programs for comparison
Suggested Programs to Compare:
- Malcolm Baldrige Performance Excellence Program vs. ISO 9001
- Malcolm Baldrige Performance Excellence Program vs. The Deming Prize
- Any of the following healthcare accreditation organizations:
- Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP)
- The Joint Commission (TJC)
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP)
- Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC)
- The Compliance Team “Exemplary Provider Programs”
- Healthcare Quality Association on Accreditation (HQAA)
- Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC)
- Provide evaluation of similarities and differences between programs. You may choose to include a chart or table to show comparables; however you must also include a discussion of this visual component.
Provide the following in your paper:
- Organizational Profile
- Background for each respective program / award / standard
- Glossary of Key Terms specific to program / award / standard – This should consist of a minimum of 5 key terms per program. You may choose to place this at the beginning or end of the paper.
- Principles / Critical Factors
- Philosophy Similarities
- Scoring (if applicable)
- Cost of application or participation
- Submission Process & Review Process
- Identification and discussion of 2 organizations (companies) that participate in these programs or have received an award – what set(s) them apart, what is unique about these organizations – (150 words minimum)
- Include a summary of your topic and key points.
- Must be in a single Word document.
- Must be formatted according to FULL APA 6th ed. Standards (title page, running header, abstract, in text citations, reference page, etc)
- Must address all above elements, or include reasons why information is omitted.
- Must include level headings that organize the discussion (see APA 6th ed. “level headings”)
- A minimum of 1,000 words in the core discussion (excludes counting title page, abstract, headers, and reference page).
- A minimum of 3 resources